What is Europe doing to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
The EEA report on greenhouse gas trends and projections analyses the actions (policies and measures) already taken or planned by EU Member States to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Domestic policies and measures take place within the national boundaries of the country and include:
- the promotion of electricity from renewable energy;
- improvements in energy efficiency;
- promotion of biofuels in transport;
- reduction of carbon dioxide emissions from cars;
- recovery of gases from landfills and reduction of fluorinated gases.
See also: Climate change policies.
For references, please go to http://www.eea.europa.eu/themes/climate/faq/which-actions-are-taken-in-europe-to-reduce-greenhouse-gas-emissions or scan the QR code.
PDF generated on 18 Jan 2017, 04:45 PM