What is the scope of the GHG Trends and projections report?
The EEA report covers 33 countries including:
- EU-15 Member States: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- New Member States: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia.
- Acceding countries: Croatia, Turkey.
- Other EEA member countries: Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland.
An individual annex is provided for each country covered by the report.
The GHG emission data are reported for the period 1990 to 2005. Projections are reported for the years 2010 and 2020.
The report covers emissions emitted within the territory of the EC and presents GHG emission trends in the main GHG emitting sectors defined by the Intergovermental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, www.ipcc.ch):
- energy (including the transport sector);
- industrial processes;
- solvents and other products use;
- land use, land use change and forestry;
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe’s environment.
PDF generated on 10 Feb 2016, 06:33 AM