Europe's air quality information at your fingertips.
The new EuropeAir app is the best way to find out about the latest air quality across Europe. Get data from 3,500 monitoring stations in +30 countries while you're on the go. Retrieve instant information about the major components of air pollution: ozone (O3), nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and airborne particulate (PM10 and PM2.5).
- The easiest way to view summarised information for more than 500 cities across Europe
- Share air quality information on twitter, facebook or just e-mail it to a friend
- Filter map data by pollutant, station type, etc.
- Customise your notifications, create a list of favourites and more
- Customise My Map: filter the data by pollutant, station type…
- EEA’s Air Quality Index
A citizen science based app that aims to help fill data gaps in beach litter monitoring.
- two-tier approach: monitoring to support official processes and voluntary clean-ups.
- choose from a European master list of commonly found marine litter items, such as cigarette butts, bottles, fishing materials...
- data is submitted through the app to the EEA hosted Marine LitterWatch database.
- data can be extracted, visualised through the EEA website, or embedded in other web pages or applications.
Environmental noise is one of the most present pollutants in the world today, with potential negative impacts on your health. The NoiseWatch app uses the built in microphone on your hand held device to determine the level of sounds it detects, and displays this in decibels (dB).
Send your readings to be displayed on the NoiseWatch web app at the Eye on Earth global public information service for creating and sharing environmental information.
Key feature: Calibrated noise meter
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe’s environment.
PDF generated on 25 May 2015, 12:05 AM