5th European Environmental Evaluators Network Forum: Evaluation for better regulation in environment and climate policies – Lessons from research and practice
|Dates:||15-16 September 2016|
|Location:||European Environment Agency (EEA) in Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Add event to your calendar:||EEEN Forum 2016 (.ics)|
The purpose of the international Environmental Evaluators Network (EEN) is to advance the practice, policy and theory of evaluating environmental programmes, policies and other interventions. Since 2012, the European Environmental Evaluators’ Network (EEEN) has been organising forums to promote more systematic and collective learning in these areas.
The 2016 EEEN Forum will identify contributions, opportunities and lessons from evaluation research and practice to support better regulation in environment and climate policies. The Forum will bring together a wide range of actors and provide a platform for exchange of knowledge, ideas and experiences.
Confirmed speakers include
- Elizabeth Golberg, Director for Smart Regulation at the Secretariat General of the European Commission
- Magda Stoczkiewicz, Director of Friends of the Earth Europe
- Terry A’Hearn, Chief Executive of the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (speaking on behalf of the European Network of the Heads of Environment Protection Agencies)
- Hans Bruyninckx, Executive Director of the European Environment Agency
How to participate
…As a speaker
If you wish to contribute to the event as a speaker, please fill in the submission form by 31 May 2016. You will be asked to submit a short biography, title and text of your abstract. Selected speakers will be notified about the acceptance of their contribution and requested to confirm their attendance in June.
Contributions are welcome:
- In areas of thematic priority objectives of the 7th Environment Action Programme. Thematic priority objectives relate to:
- Natural capital. Examples: evaluations of natural capital, biodiversity and water management or policies;
- Resource-efficient, green and competitive low-carbon economy. Examples: evaluations of policies in the areas of circular economy, climate change, energy, and transport;
- Environment-related pressures and risks to health and well-being. Examples: evaluations of policies in the areas of air, waste, and health.
…As a discussion leader
If you would like to moderate a session at the 2016 EEEN Forum, please submit your expression of interest through this form by 31 May 2016. Selected discussion leaders will be notified about their acceptance and requested to confirm their attendance in June.
If you wish to submit a session proposal and suggest session speakers, please send your proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
…As a participant
To join the event as a participant, you can pre-register through this form by 31 May 2016. You will be asked to write a few words about why you would like to participate in the Forum. Selected participants will be notified about their acceptance and requested to confirm their attendance in June.
Registration for the event will be free of charge. However, there will be an optional fee for meals provided in-house. More information to follow.
If you have any questions about the event, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The EEEN Advisory Group
- Andrew Farmer, Institute for European Environmental Policy
- Andrew Pullin, Collaboration for Environmental Evidence
- Claudio Marcantonini, European University Institute
- Eeva Primmer, Finnish Environment Institute
- Kris Bachus, University of Leuven
- Lisa Eriksson, Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Marleen Van Steertegem, Flemish Environment Agency
- Matt Keene, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Odile Heddebaut, IFSTTAR
- Paula Kivimaa, University of Sussex & Finnish Environment Institute
Previous EEEN Forums
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe's environment.
PDF generated on 26 May 2016, 12:36 PM