5th European Environmental Evaluators Network Forum: Evaluation for better regulation in environment and climate policies – Lessons from research and practice
|Dates:||15-16 September 2016|
|Location:||European Environment Agency (EEA) in Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Add event to your calendar:||EEEN Forum 2016 (.ics)|
The 2016 EEEN Forum will identify contributions, opportunities and lessons from evaluation research and practice to support better regulation in environment and climate policies. The Forum will bring together a wide range of actors and provide a platform for exchange of knowledge, ideas and experiences. Contributions will address:
- The areas of thematic priority objectives of the 7th Environment Action Programme. Thematic priority objectives relate to:
- Natural capital. Examples: evaluations of natural capital, biodiversity and water management or policies;
- Resource-efficient, green and competitive low-carbon economy. Examples: evaluations of policies in the areas of circular economy, climate change, energy, and transport;
- Environment-related pressures and risks to health and well-being. Examples: evaluations of policies in the areas of air, waste, and health.
Following the call for contributions, event speakers and discussion leaders have been identified and the draft agenda is now available for download below:
- 2016 EEEN Forum agenda (last modified: 17 June 2016)
Registration and practical information
Accepted speakers, discussion leaders and participants have been notified about their acceptance by email. A direct link to the registration form would have been received in this email, where re-confirmation of attendance is requested by 15 August 2016.
Registration for the event is free of charge. Lunches will be served in-house and paid by participants themselves. For more information about the lunch prices, evening programme, hotels near the event venue, etc., please refer to the Practical information guide.
If you missed the call for contributions deadline and are still interested in attending the event as a participant, please fill in the Expression of interest form. Expressions of interest will be reviewed and additional participants may be accepted, room capacity permitting.
- 2016 EEEN Forum practical information guide (last modified: 15 June 2016)
If you have any questions about the event, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The purpose of the international Environmental Evaluators Network (EEN) is to advance the practice, policy and theory of evaluating environmental programmes, policies and other interventions. Since 2012, the European Environmental Evaluators’ Network (EEEN) has been organising forums to promote more systematic and collective learning in these areas.
The EEEN Advisory Group
- Andrew Farmer - Institute for European Environmental Policy
- Andrew Pullin - Collaboration for Environmental Evidence
- Claudio Marcantonini - European University Institute
- Eeva Primmer - Finnish Environment Institute
- Kris Bachus - University of Leuven
- Lisa Eriksson - Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Marleen Van Steertegem - Flemish Environment Agency
- Matt Keene - US Environmental Protection Agency
- Odile Heddebaut - IFSTTAR
- Paula Kivimaa - University of Sussex & Finnish Environment Institute
Previous EEEN Forums
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe's environment.
PDF generated on 28 Jun 2016, 05:02 PM