Air pollution data sources
- See also links to research initiatives — 01 Jun 2010
- AirBase: public air quality database — 01 Jun 2010
- AirBase is a public air quality database hosted by the European Environment Agency containing air quality monitoring information for more than 30 participating countries throughout Europe.
- Air pollutant emissions — EEA datasets — 01 Jun 2010
- The European Environment Agency maintains a number of datasets containing estimates of the amount of air pollutants emitted into the atmosphere from different sources. The emissions data is based on official data calculated and reported by countries.
- European Pollutant Release and Transfer Register (E-PRTR) — 01 Jun 2010
- The European Pollutant Release and Transfer Register (E-PRTR) is the successor to the earlier EPER European-wide register of industrial emissions. Launched in November 2009, through the E-PRTR website users have access to information from some 24,000 industrial facilities concerning the annual amounts of pollutants released to air, water and land, as well as off-site transfers of waste and of pollutants in waste water. E-PRTR contains data for 91 pollutants covering 65 economic activities across Europe, with data available for the EU-27 Member States as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
- Ozoneweb - near real-time ozone conditions across Europe — 01 Jun 2010
- Find out the level of ozone pollution in your area or in any other place in Europe. Ozone data from more than 700 air quality measurement stations across Europe are transmitted to the European Environment Agency on an hourly basis. Since the data must be as 'real-time' as possible, the data are displayed as soon as practical after the end of each hour.
- Eye on Earth - Citizen observatory on air and bathing water quality — 01 Jun 2010
- Eye on Earth is a partnership between the European Environment Agency and Microsoft. It brings together environmental data and scientific information with feedback and observations of citizens. Currently, it provides information from more than 1000 air quality monitoring stations across Europe. An air quality model also enables viewing of the air pollution situation in between the air quality monitoring stations.
- European national and regional air quality websites — 01 Jun 2010
- Links to national and regional air quality websites from European public administrations and organisations
- MACC - Monitoring Atmospheric Composition and Climate (GMES) — 01 Jun 2010
- MACC is a pre-operational atmospheric service of the European GMES programme. MACC provides data records on atmospheric composition for recent years, data for monitoring present conditions and forecasts of the distribution of key constituents for a few days ahead. State-of-the-art atmospheric modelling is combined with Earth observation data to provide information services covering eg European air quality, climate, and UV.
- Emission Database for Global Atmospheric Research (EDGAR) — 01 Jun 2010
- EDGAR provides global past and present-day anthropogenic emissions of air pollutants and greenhouse gases by country and on a 0.1o x 0.1o grid. The current development of EDGAR is a joint project of the European Commission DG JRC and the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency (PBL).
- Centre on Emission Inventories and Projections - CEIP (EMEP) — 01 Jun 2010
- Established under the UNECE LRTAP Convention, CEIP collects emissions and projections data of acidifying air pollutants, heavy metals, particulate matter and photochemical oxidants reported by Parties, and prepares data sets as input for EMEP air quality modelling activities.
- Meteorological Synthesizing Centre West - MSC-W (EMEP) — 01 Jun 2010
- Established under the UNECE LRTAP Convention, MSC-W provides modelling of transboundary fluxes of acidifying air pollution and photochemical oxidants in Europe.
- Meteorological Synthesizing Centre East - MSC-E (EMEP) — 01 Jun 2010
- Established under the UNECE LRTAP Convention, MSC-E models transboundary atmospheric pollution by heavy metals and POPs.
- Chemical Coordinating Centre - CCC (EMEP) — 01 Jun 2010
- Established under the UNECE LRTAP Convention, CCC coordinates air quality measurements within the UNECE region to support activities of EMEP
- Centre for Integrated Assessment Modelling - CIAM (EMEP) — 01 Jun 2010
- Established under the UNECE LRTAP Convention, CIAM analyses scenarios for cost-effective reductions of acidification, eutrophication, tropospheric ozone and related phenomena, especially fine particulate matter pollution.
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe’s environment.
PDF generated on 27 Mar 2015, 03:23 AM