Do something for our planet, print this page only if needed. Even a small action can make an enormous difference when millions of people do it!
The EEA Web CMS works best with following browsers:
If you have forgotten your password, we can send you a new one.
[+] Show Map
Some 97.5% of water on the Earth is salt water, leaving only 2.5% as fresh water. Of this over two thirds is frozen in glaciers and polar ice caps. The remaining unfrozen fresh water is found mainly as groundwater, with only a small fraction present in rivers, lakes or in the air. Water is a precious resource, use it responsibly and don’t waste it! More green tips