- Private consumption expenditure grew by 35 % in the EU-27 Member States between 1990 and 2007 with the greatest growth in the EU-12 Member States (75 %). Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- One-person households consume, on average, 38 % more products, 42 % more packaging and 55 % more electricity per person than four-person households. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Meat imports to the EU-15 increased by 120 % from 1990-2007. Cereal imports increased by 83 %, frozen vegetables by 174 %, and bananas by 92 % over the same period. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Consumption of bottled water has risen markedly in many European countries. The EU average was 105 litres per person in 2009 and varied from 16 litres in Finland to 189 litres in Italy. Energy is used in the manufacturing and transportation of the bottles and many are made from plastic derived from non-renewable resources (e.g. oil). Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Personal mobility is estimated to cause 20 % of greenhouse gases, 19 % of acidifying emissions, 32 % of tropospheric ozone precursors and 15 % of material resource use activated by national consumption. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
For references, please go to http://www.eea.europa.eu/soer/europe/consumption-and-environment/key-facts or scan the QR code.
PDF generated on 08 Dec 2016, 05:51 AM