Knowledge base for Forward-Looking Information and Services (FLIS)
- EEA (European Environment Agency)
- Published: 01 Apr 2011
- FLIS-brochure.pdf [823.3 KB]
General information on Knowledge base for forward-looking information and services (FLIS) is also available on the EnviroWindows portal.
FLIS currently has six components, but in the future, additional components may be added, as for example horizon scanning and early warning signalling. Here are the six components of FLIS, with examples of information generated so far:
Components of FLIS
Drivers and trends
Methods and tools
Networking, capacity-building and governance
- Looking back on looking forward: a review of evaluative scenario literature
- EIONET network, national reference centres for forward-looking information and scenarios
Use of forward-looking information
- Environmental trends and perspectives in the Western Balkans: future production and consumption patterns
- The pan-European environment: glimpses into an uncertain future
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe’s environment.
PDF generated on 29 May 2015, 03:26 PM