Emissions per passenger-km and per tonne-km
Assessment made on 01 Jan 2002
- Jan 12, 2011 - Specific air pollutant emissions (TERM 028) - Assessment published Jan 2011
- Sep 03, 2010 - Specific air pollutant emissions (TERM 028) - Assessment published Sep 2010
- Apr 21, 2009 - Specific air pollutant emissions (TERM 028) - Assessment published Apr 2009
- Sep 28, 2005 - Specific emissions of air pollutants
- Sep 28, 2003 - Specific emissions of air pollutants
ClassificationTransport (Primary theme)
DPSIR: Driving force
- TERM 028
Policy issue: Reduce emissions per passenger-km and per tonne-km.
Technological improvements and cleaner fuels have made vehicles less polluting per transport unit in the EU
No data are available for ACs on specific emissions of vehicles
Data for some countries show that specific emissions from other transport modes have also fallen markedly during the past two decades. One exception is the specific NOx emissions from aircraft, which increased by about 12 % between 1977 and 1988. Shipping is the least polluting mode for freight transport. Aviation and road transport are the most polluting modes.
Download detailed information and factsheets
Specific emissions TERM 2001