EEA31 emissions of SO2
Assessment made on 01 Jan 2003
- Dec 20, 2012 - Sulphur dioxide SO2 emissions (APE 001) - Assessment published Dec 2012
- Dec 21, 2011 - Sulphur dioxide SO2 emissions (APE 001) - Assessment published Dec 2011
- Oct 15, 2010 - Sulphur dioxide SO2 emissions (APE 001) - Assessment published Oct 2010
- Feb 15, 2010 - EEA-32 Sulphur dioxide SO2 emissions (APE 001) - Assessment published Feb 2010
- Aug 07, 2008 - Emission trends of sulphur dioxide SO2
ClassificationAir pollution (Primary theme)
- APE 001
Policy issue: Are we reaching emission targets for acidifying substances?
EEA31 emissions of SO2 have decreased by 57% between 1990 and 2001.
Sulphur dioxide emissions in the EU15 have reduced by 64% between 1990 and 2001. The decrease between 2000 and 2001 was 3%. The anthropogenic emission of SO2 originates mainly from the combustion of sulphur containing fuels. The main sources in 2001 are the Energy sector (62%), Industry (Energy) (19%), Commercial and domestic combustion - Other (Energy) (6%) and Transport (6%).
Download detailed information and factsheets