Conservation status of species of European Union interest in forest ecosystems in EU-25
- Only 15 % of the assessments of forest species are favourable.
- Some 52 % of the assessments of forest species are unfavourable.
- Thirty-three percent of the assessments are unknown.
- The percentage of unknown assessments differs significantly among the different biogrographical regions.
- The Macaronesian and Boreal regions have the highest percentage of favourable assessments (respectively 30 % and more than 40 %).
Geographical coverage:EU except Bulgaria and Romania; number of assessments in brackets.