Conservation status of forest-related habitat types of European Union interest listed in the EU Habitats Directive in the EU-25 (number of assessments in brackets)
- Twenty-one percent of the conservation status assessments of forest habitats are favourable.
- Some 63 % of the assessments are unfavourable.
- Sixteen percent of the assessments are given as unknown.
- The Alpine and Mediterranean regions have the highest percentage of favourable assessments.
- There are no favourable assessments for the Atlantic, Boreal and Macaronesian regions.
Geographical coverage: EU except Bulgaria and Romania; number of assessments in brackets.