Conservation status of forest-related habitat types of European Union interest listed in the EU Habitats Directive in the EU-25 (number of assessments in brackets)
- Twenty-one percent of the conservation status assessments of forest habitats are favourable.
- Some 63 % of the assessments are unfavourable.
- Sixteen percent of the assessments are given as unknown.
- The Alpine and Mediterranean regions have the highest percentage of favourable assessments.
- There are no favourable assessments for the Atlantic, Boreal and Macaronesian regions.
Geographical coverage: EU except Bulgaria and Romania; number of assessments in brackets.
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe's environment.
PDF generated on 23 Jul 2016, 01:54 PM