EEA/ITS/02/005 - Editing, copyediting, proofreading and indexing services for the European Environment Agency
Editing, copyediting, proofreading and indexing services for the European Environment Agency
Open Procedure: Call for tender No. EEA/ITS/02/005
1. Awarding authority and place of delivery
The European Environment Agency
Kongens Nytorv 6
DK-1050 Copenhagen K
Telephone +45-33 36 71 00
Telefax +45-33 36 71 97.
2. Award procedure: Open call for tender No. EEA/ITS/02/005
To provide the European Environment Agency with services in the English language in the following areas of expertise:
- copyediting and proofreading
4. Contract details
The selected companies will be awarded a framework contract for three years with two possible extensions of one year each, and on the condition that the selection criteria (below) are continuously met. Tenders must cover all of the areas of expertise listed.
Under the framework contracts, companies will be engaged through specific agreements for each concrete project.
5. Request for specifications
- a) Detailed specifications of the work to be undertaken are annexed here (see below) or are available by e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. Written requests can also be sent by fax +45-33367197, or mail, to Linda Jandrup, European Environment Agency, Kongens Nytorv 6, DK-1050 Copenhagen K.
- b) The specifications are dispatched free of charge.
6. Submission of tenders
- a) Languages in which the tenders must be drawn up: one of the official languages of the European Environment Agency (the official languages of the EU plus Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Rumanian, Slovak, Slovenian and Turkish).
- b) Deadline: Offers must be received 52 calendar days or on the first working day thereafter, following dispatch of this call for tender to the Official Journal of European Communities.
Tenderers will be required to comply fully with the invitation to tender.
7. Opening of tenders
Officials from the Agency and EEAs Financial Controller are authorised to be present at the opening.
8. Prices and terms
Submission of a tender implies acceptance of the terms specified in the Agencys General terms and conditions applicable to contracts in all matters not governed by this invitation to tender and waiver your companys own terms of business.
Prices must be in euro and VAT must be specified where applicable.
9. Selection criteria
- financial and economic standing of potential contractor;
- technical and professional competence. Indicators for this will vary in detail between the different areas of expertise, but will include relevant training, and/or membership in professional bodies and a track record of relevant experience;
- clarity of documentation and presentation;
- a CV for every member of staff proposed for the service delivery giving relevant experience and qualifications;
- details about the most relevant experience in relation to the service(s).
10. Awarding criteria
10.1 Area of expertise 1: Editing
- cost per day for carrying out substantial editing.
- time that would be required for substantial editing of the provided sample text annex IIa of tender documents.
- proven experience in editing texts with similar content and for similar target groups as the reports of the Agency (ref: http://reports.eea.eu.int).
10.2 Area of expertise 2: Copyediting and proofreading
- cost per day for carrying out copyediting and proofreading.
- time that would be required for copyediting and proofreading of the provided sample text annex IIa of tender documents.
- proven experience in copyediting texts with similar content and for similar target groups as in the reports of the Agency (ref: http://reports.eea.eu.int).
10.3 Area of expertise 3: Indexing
- cost per day for indexing work
- time needed for creating an index with 25 entries from the provided sample text annex IIb of tender documents.
- proven experience in indexing reports with similar content as the reports of the Agency (ref: http://reports.eea.eu.int)
For each area of expertise the tenders will be scored against the third category of each award criteria (1=best, 5=worst) and companies will be ranked for each, based on the ratio of cost for the work on the sample text to scores. The three companies getting the lowest overall ranking will be awarded a framework contract.
11. Date of dispatch of the notice: 23 July 2002
12. Date of receipt by the Office of Official Publications of the European Communities: 23 July 2002
All annexes are PDF-files.
Annex I Procedure for submitting an offer
Annex II, Annex IIa, and Annex IIb Technical specifications + specimen quotations
Annex III Identification sheet
Annex IV Draft framework contract
Annex V Draft specific agreement
Annex VI General terms and conditions
Annex VII Reimbursement of travel expenses
Annexes I-VII All 9 annexes
Troubles in downloading the PDF-files?
If you're having troubles in downloading the PDF-files, please visit our trouble shooting page.
There are currently no items in this folder.
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe's environment.
PDF generated on 28 Jun 2016, 12:22 PM