- Revised Waste Framework Directive (WFD) (2008/98/EC) — 22 Mar 2012
- Directive 2008/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 November 2008 on waste and repealing certain Directives
- Sixth Environment Action Programme — 22 Mar 2012
- The Sixth Environment Action Programme of the European Community 2002-2012.
- Roadmap to a Resource-Efficient Europe — 22 Mar 2012
- Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions
- Landfill Directive (1999/31/EC) — 22 Mar 2012
- Council Directive 1999/31/EC of 26 April 1999 on the landfill of waste.
- Waste Incineration Directive (2000/76/EC) — 22 Mar 2012
- Directive 2000/76/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 December 2000 on the incineration of waste.
- Industrial Emissions Directive (2010/75/EU) — 22 Mar 2012
- Directive 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 on industrial emissions (integrated pollution prevention and control)
- OECD Publication - Sustainable Materials and Waste Management — 17 Feb 2012
- A publication about the OECD’s Work on Sustainable Materials & Waste Management (pdf).
- OECD - Resource Productivity and Material Flows — 17 Feb 2012
- Information about the OECD's work on resource productivity and material flows.
- International Panel for Sustainable Resource Management — 17 Feb 2012
- The International Resource Panel was set up in 2007 to develop holistic approaches to the management of global resources. Information provided by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Eurostat: Environmental Data Centre on natural resources — 17 Feb 2012
- Eurostat provides access to a broad range of information related to the environmental impacts associated with natural resource use and products in the European Union (EU).
- European Commission websites on natural resources — 17 Feb 2012
- Information about natural resources provided by the Directorate-General Environment of the European Commission.
- OECD - Waste and Resource Productivity — 17 Feb 2012
- Information about OECD's work on waste and resource productivity.
- JRC/IPTS work on waste — 17 Feb 2012
- Identifying products with the greatest potential for environmental improvement. It is a scientific project that provides scientific and technical support for the conception, development, implementation and monitoring of EU policies. Provided by the Joint Research Centre (JRC) and the Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) of the European Commission.
- European Platform for Life-cycle Thinking and Assessment — 17 Feb 2012
- A platform provided by the Joint Research Centre and the Institute for the Environment and Sustainability of the European Commission.
- Eurostat: Environmental Data Centre on waste — 17 Feb 2012
- Data, indicators and other relevant information about waste provided by Eurostat.
- European Topic Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production — 17 Feb 2012
- The European Topic Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (ETC/SCP) is a consortium of eight professional organisations under contract with the EEA.
- European Commission websites on waste — 17 Feb 2012
- Information about waste policies, legislation, management and much more by the Directorate-General Environment.
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe's environment.
PDF generated on 28 Aug 2016, 02:09 PM