- Bulgarian (bg)
- Czech (cs)
- Danish (da)
- German (de)
- Greek (el)
- English (en)
- Spanish (es)
- Estonian (et)
- Finnish (fi)
- French (fr)
- Hungarian (hu)
- Icelandic (is)
- Italian (it)
- Lithuanian (lt)
- Latvian (lv)
- Maltese (mt)
- Dutch (nl)
- Norwegian (no)
- Polish (pl)
- Portuguese (pt)
- Romanian (ro)
- Slovak (sk)
- Slovenian (sl)
- Swedish (sv)
- Turkish (tr)
Air pollutant emissions
The EEA supports the EU in developing long-term strategies to reduce emissions of air pollutants by providing assessment and information to policy-makers. Our key activities and products include:
- making available data reported by European countries as part of their reporting obligations under international and European legislation;
- annual reports providing information on the most recent data submitted by EU Member States under the EU National Emission Ceilings Directive. The data are made available via the EEA air pollutant emissions data viewer (NEC Directive);
- compilation of the European Union's annual Long-range Transboundary Air Pollution Convention emission inventory and supporting Inventory Report. The data are made available via the EEA air pollutant emissions data viewer (LRTAP Convention);
- an emission inventory review process, jointly with the UNECE/EMEP Centre on Emission Inventories and Projections, which assesses the quality of national air pollutant emission inventories;
- regular updates of the EMEP/EEA Air Pollutant Emission Inventory Guidebook, which provides methodological guidance for national inventory compilers and researchers who are interested in calculating air pollutant emissions;
- indicators on emission trends as part of the EEA's air pollution indicators.
The EEA's work on air quality has supported the development and future implementation of the Directive on Ambient Air Quality and Cleaner Air for Europe and existing EU air quality legislation.
Key activities and products include:
- AirBase, which holds air quality monitoring data and supporting information from Europe’s air quality networks and individual stations measuring ambient air pollution. The AirBase Viewer provides spatial data and station information;
- Explore ozone today, which provides daily near-real-time information on ozone pollution across Europe during the summer season;
- spatial assessment of air quality in Europe (maps) for key air pollutants;
- indicators on air quality as part of the EEA's air pollution indicators.
Assessments and reports
Each year, the EEA publishes a number of technical and assessment reports on air pollution.
These reports include contributions to the EEA’s regular state of the environment reports, such as the Air Pollution thematic assessment of EEA's recent 'The European environment — state and outlook 2010' report and the air quality chapter of the EEA’s 2007 pan-European assessment report 'Europe’s environment — The fourth assessment’.
EEA's activities in the area of air pollution are performed in close cooperation with the European Topic Centre on Air Pollution and Climate Change Mitigation (ETC/ACM) and with EEA's country network (Eionet).