- EEA activities — 10 Jul 2008
- The EEA is the European Union's air data centre. The EEA supports the implementation of a number of EU Directives linked to air emissions and air quality. The EEA also contributes to the evaluation of EU air pollution policies and to the development of long-term strategies to improve air quality in Europe. The EEA's work focuses on documenting and assessing air emissions and air quality trends and related policies and measures in Europe.
- The air implementation pilot project — 03 May 2013
- The Air Implementation Pilot is a project undertaken jointly by the EEA and the European Commission. It is one of two pilot projects (the other one relates to waste management) called for by Environment Commissioner Janez Potočnik at the June 2011 meeting of the EEA Management Board. Both projects seek to explore an enhanced role for the EEA in supporting the implementation of the European Union’s environment policy.
- Participating cities in Air Implementation Pilot project — 03 May 2013
- Eight cities were originally selected early in 2012 to take part in the Pilot: Berlin, Dublin, Madrid, Malmö, Milan, Ploiesti, Prague, and Vienna. At the end of 2012, it was decided to expand the urban sample by inviting up to four additional cities to take part in the Pilot to ensure a reasonably representative sample. Antwerp, Paris, Plovdiv and Vilnius were invited to join the project to better reflect geographical coverage, city size, and a variety of main pollution sources. In the map below, the 12 Pilot cities are shown.