- In Europe, around 75 % of the population lives in urban areas and this is projected to increase to about 80 % by 2020. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Cities emit 69 % of Europe's CO2. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Urban transport accounts for 70 % of the pollutants and 40 % of the greenhouse gas emissions from European road transport. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- A city affects a large area outside its own boundaries. For example, London alone is thought to need an area of almost 300 times its geographical size to satisfy its demands and for disposal of its waste and emissions. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Air pollutants, including fine particles and ozone precursors, can travel thousands of kilometres across the continent by air. In many cities, only a part of local air pollution is generated by the city itself. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
For references, please go to http://www.eea.europa.eu/soer/europe/urban-environment/key-facts or scan the QR code.
PDF generated on 27 Mar 2017, 08:35 PM