- The EU contributes around 12 % of annual global anthropogenic direct greenhouse gas emissions. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Global cuts in greenhouse gas emissions are insufficient to keep average world temperature increases below 2° C. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- The UNEP Montreal Protocol resulted in a significant reduction of emissions of some potent greenhouse gases. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- According to preliminary estimates, EU greenhouse gas emissions were 17 % below 1990 levels in 2009. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- The EU-15 is on track to meet its common Kyoto Protocol target (8 % reduction compared to 1990 levels). Other EU Member States with individual Kyoto targets are also on track. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe’s environment.
PDF generated on 22 Sep 2014, 02:30 PM