- More than 10 000 non-native species are now present in Europe, 10–15 % of which are considered to have negative economic or ecological effects. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Protected areas, including Natura 2000 sites in EU Member States, now account for 22 % of the terrestrial area of EEA member countries. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Many animal species are threatened with extinction in the pan-European region, including approximately 15 % of mammals, 19 % of reptiles, 23 % of amphibians and a significant number of invertebrates. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- In 2020, an estimated 346 million international tourists will travel to the Mediterranean, putting extra pressure on already fragile ecosystems. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
- Agro-ecosystems in Europe have a total annual economic value of around EUR 150 billion. Click to view full-size image… 1 KB
For references, please go to http://www.eea.europa.eu/soer/europe/biodiversity/key-facts or scan the QR code.
PDF generated on 28 Apr 2017, 10:33 PM