Resources for journalists
SOER 2015 is the fifth edition of the 'European environment – state and outlook 2015' report, published by the European Environment Agency every five years. SOER 2015 presents the most comprehensive picture of Europe’s environment ever published and is made up of two reports and 87 online briefings. These comprise the ‘Synthesis’ report and the ‘Assessment of global megatrends’ report, complemented by 11 global megatrends briefings, 25 European briefings, nine cross-country comparison briefings, 39 country briefings (based on national state of environment reports), and three regional briefings.
There are several resources to help navigate this wealth of information:
- Press release, in 26 languages
- The Synthesis report, in many languages
- Assessment of global megatrends report
- EEA Executive Director Hans Bruyninckx explains the main findings of SOER. This can be downloaded for use by broadcast media (mp3).
- Videos of the SOER launch press conference, downloadable in high resolution for use by broadcast media.
- Infographics - contact us if you would like to have files in another format.
- Promotional video
- The SOER presentation: quick facts and figures
- Photo gallery. Many more images illustrating the SOER are available on request - contact us for more details
The EEA press office
The EEA’s press officers can help journalists understand what is most relevant and interesting for specific countries. In many cases they can also provide background data which could form the basis of excellent stories.
|Iben Stanhardt||Arthur Girling|
+45 33 36 71 68
+45 33 36 71 09
The EEA's report SOER 2015 gives a comprehensive assessment of the European environment's state, trends and prospects, in a global context. The EEA's task is to provide timely, targeted, relevant and reliable information on Europe's environment.
For more information, see www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
PDF generated on 19 Jan 2017, 11:28 PM