References and additional information
- EEA environmental indicator report 2013
- Managing municipal solid waste — a review of achievements in 32 European countries (EEA Report No 2/2013)
- Movements of waste across the EU’s internal and external borders (EEA Report No 7/2012)
- Greening the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy
- Marine messages: Our seas, our future — moving towards a new understanding (EEA Brochure No 1/2014)
European Union sources
- Europe 2020 Strategy
- European Commission’s Online Resource Efficiency Platform (OREP)
- 7th Environment Action Programme
- Eurostat publication: Sustainable development in the European Union — 2013 monitoring report of the EU sustainable development strategy
- European Commission on the marine environment
- For clean-up activities across Europe: European Week for Waste Reduction
(c) Stephen Mynhardt / EEA Waste•smART
Waste•smART — creative competition
The European Environment Agency (EEA) invited the European public to share their views about waste in Europe in a new creative competition, Waste•smART. The competition called for submissions through a photo, video or cartoon. Some of the Waste•smART finalists are presented throughout Signals 2014.
More information on Waste•smART is available on our Waste•smART webpage.
To see all the Waste•smART finalists, please visit our Flick’r account.
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe’s environment.
PDF generated on 20 Sep 2014, 12:13 AM