Sustainable Consumption - What does that mean?
10 Oct 2008
European Environment Agency, Kongens Nytorv 6, 1050 Copenhagen, Denmark
|Contact Name||Anna Gasquet|
|Contact Phone||0045 3336 7100|
|Add event to calendar||
The European Environment Agency (EEA) is an EU decentralised agency based in Copenhagen, Denmark. For the 3rd year in a row, the EEA will participate in Copenhagen Culture night, on 10 October 2008. This is the annual event in Copenhagen where cultural institutions and lots of other organisations open their doors to the public, offering a wide range of activities.
This year’s EEA programme will focus on sustainable consumption and production. Our building located in Kongens Nytorv 6, in the heart of the Danish capital, will be filled with activities from 15.45 and continuing throughout the evening. This event is mostly targeting families. The more “serious” part of the evening programme will be a panel debate on how our food choices have impacts on the environment.
EEA Culture night poster (click to enlarge):
Programme for the evening:
- 15.45 Organic welcome drinks
16.15 – 17.30 "Food and Environment – A Big Mouthful". Consumer policy will be discussed. Led by a debate panel with Danish politicians, consumer and retail market representatives, and EEA Sustainable Consumption and Production experts.
- 17.30 - 18.30 CO2 friendly food
- 17.15 – 20.30 Science is cool... Experience various experiments performed interactively with students from Danish Natural Science Festival.
- 18.30; 19.00; 19.30 "The Fisherman and his wife." Dance department from Ballerup Ungdomsskole perform their rendition of the Brother Grimm’s fairytale. (30 min)
- 20.00 - 21.00 Eco-songs by Freja Eriksen
- 21.00 – 22.30 Polkageist Power Party: Energetic live band inspired by salsa, calypso, funk, rock and Balkan music. Plus you can enjoy organic treats.
Throughout the evening: street performance, quiz, Eco-Agents, cinema , Hartmut Stockter's "Refined Junk" art exhibition.
To obtain additional information about this event and/or register for the debate, please write an email to email@example.com or call 0045 3336 7100.
The EEA Information Centre
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe’s environment.
PDF generated on 30 May 2015, 08:50 AM