Develop your skills and deepen your understanding of the facilitation process.
This short course looks at the type of the work that a facilitator may take on. This includes designing events, getting ‘buy-in’ from those attending, and ensuring inclusiveness, with a special focus on dealing with problems and conflicts.
This interactive course will look closely at the roles a facilitator may play and how a facilitator’s role can encourage long term community development. It will build the confidence of anyone keen to be a good facilitator and give them a solid basis on which to develop their own skills.
Learn how to:
• Engage people at the start of an event using appropriate techniques
• Encourage creative thinking
• Identify potential problems including non-engagement, diversionary and conflict issues
• Design and plan short and long events
• Finish and close an event in a clear and positive manner
• Answer the question - ‘What is facilitation?’
• Understand conflict and resolution within groups
• Assess your own strengths and styles to develop your techniques
Who should attend this course?
This one day course is designed for those who have some experience of facilitation and would like to learn new ways to work and tackle some of the problems that can arise. You will learn new techniques, styles and understand the theory behind how to facilitate successfully. The day expands on ideas looked at in our introductory course, ‘Facilitation Training’, but is not a pre-requisite to attending this course.
100% of the participants of the last course thought it was ‘good’ or ‘excellent’.
£395: Large businesses
£298: Large charities, public sector and small businesses
£150: Smaller charities (under 15 staff) and individuals.
Concessionary rates are available for students, pensioners and the unemployed. Please contact us at email@example.com for further details.
Tailored courses can be arranged for groups at a date and location to suit you.
Prices include a hot Mediterranean buffet lunch, Fair Trade refreshments and networking time.
For bookings and information please contact Jonathan:
Tel: 0207 324 4774