Road transport fuel prices (including taxes) in EU Member States. Definitions:
* ‘All petrol’ is a consumption-weighted average price of both leaded and unleaded fuel, corrected using energy-content to the equivalent amount of unleaded petrol.
* ‘All fuel, unleaded petrol equivalent’ is a consumption-weighted average price of unleaded, leaded petrol and diesel, corrected using energy content to the equivalent amount of unleaded petrol.
* ‘Nominal’ is the price with no adjustment for inflation.
* ‘Real’ is the price corrected for inflation, using 2005 as the baseline year.
* ‘Average, all fuel, unleaded petrol equivalent (real, weighted by consumption)’ is the consumption-weighted average of the ‘All fuel, unleaded petrol equivalent (real)’ line across the full time series.
Fuel prices include cost price, excise duty and VAT. Euros per litre.
EEA standard re-use policy: unless otherwise indicated, re-use of content on the EEA website for commercial or non-commercial purposes is permitted free of charge, provided that the source is acknowledged (http://www.eea.europa.eu/legal/copyright). Copyright holder: European Environment Agency (EEA).
Sign up to receive our reports (print and/or electronic) and quarterly e-newsletter.
When travelling, choose eco tourism.
Developing countries often gain little financial benefit from the influx of visitors to their shores. Only around 30 % of the money spent by tourists on their holiday remains in the host country. Eco tourism is promoted in some countries. For sustainable destinations, explore EU’s catalogue at www.eco-label.com or the National Geographic's portal at www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/sustainable.
More green tips