Conservation status of species of European Union interest in marine ecosystems
- Some 74 % of the assessments of marine species linked to marine ecosystems are unknown.
- Twenty-four per cent of the assessments are unfavourable.
- Only 2 % of the assessments are favourable and are represented only in the Atlantic, Boreal and Marine Atlantic regions.
- The Atlantic, Continental and Marine Baltic regions have more than 80 % of unfavourable assessments.
- The Marine Atlantic, Marine Macaronesian and Marine Mediterranean regions have the highest percentage of unknown assessments (more than 70 %).
Geographical coverage: EU except Bulgaria and Romania; number of assessments in brackets.
For references, please go to http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/figures/conservation-status-of-species-of-15 or scan the QR code.
PDF generated on 29 Mar 2017, 09:54 AM