Conservation status of species of European Union interest typical of coastal ecosystems in the EU-25
- Some 56 % of the conservation status assessment of coastal species are unfavourable.
- Thirty-three percent of the assessments are unknown.
- The percentage of unknown assessments differs significantly among the different regions.
- The Macaronesian region has the highest percentage of favourable assessments, but also a significant percentage of unknown assessments.
- There are no favourable assessments in the Atlantic, Marine Baltic, Marine Macaronesian and Marine Mediterranean regions.
Geographical coverage: EU except Bulgaria and Romania; number of assessments in brackets.
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe's environment.
PDF generated on 23 Oct 2016, 12:50 AM