Conservation status of species of European Union interest in forest ecosystems in EU-25
- Only 15 % of the assessments of forest species are favourable.
- Some 52 % of the assessments of forest species are unfavourable.
- Thirty-three percent of the assessments are unknown.
- The percentage of unknown assessments differs significantly among the different biogrographical regions.
- The Macaronesian and Boreal regions have the highest percentage of favourable assessments (respectively 30 % and more than 40 %).
Geographical coverage:EU except Bulgaria and Romania; number of assessments in brackets.
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe's environment.
PDF generated on 31 Aug 2016, 03:05 AM