ImaginAIR Photo Story Competition Rules
How to enter
- Upload pictures to an online photo sharing site such as Flikr, Shutterfly, Snapfish or Photobucket.
- Fill in the online submission form (will be published on 24 September), providing a link to your photo album.
- Download the offline submission form.
- Email the photo entries and the completed offline submission form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any technical problems with submitting your entry for the competition, please send an email to email@example.com for further instructions.
Entry is free. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Submission ends at 23:59 CET on 14 October 2012. Late entries will not be accepted.
No responsibility is assumed on the part of the EEA for late entries or corrupted files. Incomplete entries or entries that do not comply with the formal specifications will be automatically disqualified. Submissions which do not relate to the topic will be automatically disqualified.
Due to the perceived high volume of last-minute entries, we advise you to submit your entry well in advance of the submission deadline.
Photo story requirements
Photo stories must contain three photographs and accompanying text. The entry should not contain any copyrighted material unless you bought the rights. Photo stories should also meet the following requirements:
- In jpeg format
- Minimum file size of 1.5MB or minimum resolution of 2000 pixels for the long side of the photograph.
- Maximum text of 1000 characters when translated into English
Submissions should also ensure that there are:
- No endorsement of products or services, and
- No obscene, violent, racist or defamatory content or content of a sexual nature
The judges will look for a creative, engaging and inspiring photo story on the topic of the contest as specified here.
Your photo story will be judged on:
- Relevance of your story to the competition topic
- Creativity expressed
- Photographic ability
- Persuasiveness of the story being illustrated
The organisers and judges reserve the right to remove any entries from the competition that they feel may breach any of the Competition Rules, the Terms and Conditions or contravene laws of public decency or may bring the entrant or the competition into disrepute. Such entries will be disqualified.
This includes photo stories that may be offensive, previously published, copyrighted (by somebody other than the entrant) or otherwise contrary to the spirit of the contest. Photo stories may also not be accepted into the contest if a photograph in the entry features an identifiable individual who has not given their consent to appear or if a photograph features advertising or trademarks which would otherwise require the EEA to obtain permission to use.
Notification of winners
The winners will be notified by email therefore it is crucial to provide correct contact information.
Confidentiality and protection of personal data
For the processing of this contest, EEA observe the rules set in Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (OJEU L 8 of 12.1.2001, p. 1).
No personal data is shared with third parties for direct marketing. For further detailed information please refer to the ImaginAIR Privacy Statement or regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.