EEA/IAR/006/01 - Framework contract for expert assistance in the area of transport and environment
Copenhagen, September 17, 2001
OPEN procedure (EEA/IAR/006/01)
1. Awarding authority:
The European Environment Agency
Kongens Nytorv 6
Tel: (+45) 33 36 71 00
Fax: (+45) 33 36 71 99
2. Award procedure:
Open call for tender (ref.: EEA/IAR/006/01)
3. Description and objectives of project:
Following the Cardiff Summit, increasing attention is being given by the European Environment Agency to the monitoring of the progress of the integration of environmental concerns into transport policies and to the assessment of the effectiveness of related policy instruments.The Agencys activities related to the transport sector (and its interaction with environment) requires access to a wide range of expertise, in particular on the integrated assessment of pressures/impacts engendered by the sector, transport - environment policy integration, transport economy, pricing, taxation, demand management, logistics, technology, links with spatial development and other sectors, travel behaviour etc. In addition, expertise will also be required regarding the wider sustainability concerns, including transport related socio-economic and health impacts and benefits. Taking into account the priorities in the current and coming EEA work programmes, and the expertise currently available in the EEA and in its EIONET network (in particular European Topic Centres) and the co-operation with Eurostat (responsible for providing most of the statistics on developments in the sectors), expertise is being sought to support the development of the Agencys transport related activities and the preparation of the Agencys 2002-2004 activities and projects on transport and the environment.
4. Purpose of call for tender:
To establish a framework agreement with a contractor that can provide broad support to the EEAs various transport related tasks and projects in the implementation of its work programmes for 2002, 2003 and 2004.
Tasks can, among others, include:
- supporting the further development of the transport and environment reporting mechanism (TERM);
- contributing to the transport- relevant chapters in EEA main reports, in particular the Environmental Signals series, the Kiev report (pan-European coverage) and the 2004 state of the environment and outlooks report;
- providing data, methodological and assessment support to the Agency on transport and environment, including scenario development, policy effectiveness analyses, hotspot analyses;
- conducting specific studies (focus reports, technical reports) on the impacts and effectiveness of environmental and transport policy instruments and measures and reporting these in focus reports;
- support to the networking with transport related experts, organisations and authorities throughout Europe.
These tasks are to be developed in close co-operation with EEA project managers, the European Topic Centres and Eurostat.
The offer should express the tenderers views and insights on the tasks mentioned in the description above and experience in the aspects mentioned in point 10 below.
The broader requirements of the transport related projects being developed by the EEA will determine the numbers of days and staff to be allocated to each specific agreements that will concluded under this framework contract.
6. Duration of the framework contract:
Three years (36 months) from the date of signing the contract, with the possibility to renew it twice for a period of one year, its maximum duration being limited to 5 years.
The expected consultancy workload for the first working year is (indicatively) estimated at 400 staff-days.
7. Request for tender documents:
- Technical specifications can be obtained from the European Environment Agencys home page at http://org.eea.eu.int/tenders , or from the European Environment Agency, Kongens Nytorv 6, DK-1050 Copenhagen K, for the attention of Ms Ann Dom by letter or fax (+45) 33 36 71 51.
- Deadline for request of specifications: 37 calendar days from the date of publication of this call for tender in the Official Journal of the European Communities.
- The documents will be dispatched free of charge.
8. Submission of tenders:
- Postal address: the European Environment Agency, Kongens Nytorv 6, DK-1050 Copenhagen K, Denmark, for the attention of Ms Ann Dom and marked Reply to call for tender EEA/IAR/006/01.
- Languages in which they must be drawn up: 1 of 13 official languages of the European Environment Agency (the 11 official European Community languages plus Norwegian or Icelandic).
- Deadline for submission: 52 calendar days following the publication of this call for tender in the Official Journal of the European Communities.
- Other requirements: Tenders must be submitted in three copies and placed inside two sealed envelopes. The inner envelope, addressed to the person indicated above, should be marked: Invitation to tender EEA/IAR/006/01 Not to be opened by the internal mail department. If self-adhesive envelopes are used, they must be sealed with tape and the sender must sign across the tape.
9. Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders:
Officials from the Agency and financial controller.
10. Prices and payment terms:
The contractors will be expected to offer their services at daily rates (in EURO per day) according to the expertise offered and levels of experience (i.e. senior and junior contractor). Travel and subsistence expenses likely to be incurred in the course of execution of the contract (for short term missions to EEA and elsewhere) are to be excluded from these daily rates and indicated separately.
Travel and subsidence costs for short term missions to EEA or elsewhere shall be agreed under the specific agreements, and shall be reimbursed in accordance with the rules and conditions relating to the payment of missions expenses in force at the Agency.
In addition, daily rates have to be given for longer term periods of intra muros work at the EEAs premises in Copenhagen (more than 14 consecutive days). These need to specify the daily fees and travel/subsistence costs (as calculated by the contractor) separately.
The terms of payment will be specified in the specific agreements and are those which are in force at the European Environment Agency for Service contracts.
11. Selection criteria:
Tenderers must provide evidence of their identity, financial and economic standing and professional and technical qualifications by means of the following documents:
- an identification sheet (name or business name, legal status, contact person etc.);
- a list of comparable services and projects performed over recent years;
- where applicable, references of the inscription on the VAT-register;
- where applicable, references of the inscription on the trade register;
- evidence of tenderers financial standing shall be furnished by (extracts from) financial statements for the past 3 years;
- detailed curriculum vitae of the candidate or, where applicable, of the personnel involved in the tender when it concerns a legal person;
- information on the candidates working languages and those in which the candidate is able to submit reports.
Tenders will lapse: 12 months after the final date for receipt of tenders.
12. Award criteria:
The contract will be awarded to the tenderer whose offer is the most advantageous in the working area or areas of interest, taking into account the following criteria:
- good knowledge of policies, data, information sources, and RTD in the transport and environment sector at the European level;
- proven track record of similar activities at the European level, i.e. competence of the working team and capacities to offer expertise on a broad range of transport/environment issues, such as experience in assessing the environmental pressures and impacts from the the transport sector, in the evaluation of the effectiveness of related policy measures and instruments, in the development of scenario/ outlooks, in geographic assessments (e.g. using GIS), etc. Expertise should cover all transport modes;
- composition of the team or consortium, which should should reflect the wide geographical area of all EEA member countries (north-south-east-west);
- good writing skills and experience in reporting for policy supporting purposes;
- good networking capacities throughout Europe;
- competitiveness - financial considerations and guarantees offered.
Tenders from consortiums of firms or groups of service providers or contractors shall specify the role, qualifications and experience of each member or group.
13. Framework contract
The successful company/consortium will be offered a framework contract of three years (36 months) from the date of signing the contract, with the possibility to renew it twice for a period of one year.
On the basis of this framework contract, the contractor will be engaged by the EEA, through specific agreements for each concrete transport related project.
14. Date of dispatch of the notice: September 6, 2001
15. Date of receipt by the Office for Official Publications of the European Communities: September 6, 2001
Enclosures: Call for tender documents (136 Kb PDF)
Annex VI: TERM 2001 report (1.37 Mb PDF)
There are currently no items in this folder.
For references, please go to http://www.eea.europa.eu/about-us/tenders/IAR00601 or scan the QR code.
PDF generated on 24 Jan 2017, 07:24 PM