EEA/RNC/03/012 - Information base and pre-processing of key data on the main interactions between Europe's environment and worldwide developments
Call for Tender: EEA/RNC/03/012
DK-Copenhagen: information base and pre-processing of key data on the main interactions between Europe's environment and worldwide developments
Is this contract covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)? Yes
Section I: Contracting authority
1) Official name and address of the contracting authority: European Environment Agency, Att: Ronan Uhel, reference No EEA/RNC/03/012, Kongens Nytorv 6, DK-1050 Copenhagen K. Tel.: +45 33 36 71 30. Fax: +45 33 36 71 28. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. URL: http://org.eea.eu.int.
2) Address from which further information can be obtained: As in I.1.
3) Address from which documentation may be obtained: As in I.1.
The tender documents include all relevant information (e.g. how to submit tenders, terms of reference, forms, etc.). The tender documents can also be obtained from the European Environment Agency in three ways:
1) by downloading all documents from the EEA web-site (http://org.eea.eu.int/tenders)
2) by sending a request by e-mail to email@example.com
3) by writing a letter to the address above in I.1.
4) Address to which tenders/requests to participate must be sent: As in I.1.
5) Type of contracting authority: EU institution.
Section II: Object of the contract
1.3) Type of service contract (in case of service contract): Service category 27.
1.4) Is it a framework agreement? No.
1.5) Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority: Information base and pre-processing of key data on the main interactions between Europe's environment and worldwide developments.
1.6) Description/object of the contract:
a) Compilation of information sources in the form of a data base structured around the main interactions between Europe's environment and the global dimension;
b) pre-processing of data for the production of indicator fact sheets.
The EEA has recently initialized the preparation of its next State of the Environment and Outlook report (SoEOR2005), which is expected to be published in 2005, in order to comply with the EEA Council Regulation and to support the mid-term review of the 6th Environment Action Programme (6EAP) of the European Union. The report will provide an assessment of both past trends and outlooks for Europe's environment.
It is the current thinking of the EEA that SoEOR2005 will be a brief and concise report supplemented by a number of sub-reports, including a sub-report with the working title 'Europe's environment and the Global dimension: key interactions'. What is the share of Europe in the array of environmental problems of the world? Do some of these problems have their origin in Europe? How in turn international issues affect Europe's management of its environment? Can one anticipate the effects on the environment, somewhere outside Europe, of Europe's economic growth? And so on. This will be the first report by the EEA to attempt addressing such questions in a structured way. For this sub-report the EEA needs to compile a list of relevant information sources on the basis of which data and qualitative information can be exploited for the assessment.
The contractor who will be awarded the contract shall prepare the above-mentioned compilation and organize it in the form of a database. In their offer, the tenderer must propose a structure for the database which will be discussed during the inception meeting of the contract. In view of the production of fact sheets, which will be processed from the compiled database, the bidder must provide proposals for the main indicators to be considered in the assessment.
1.7) Site or location of works, place of delivery or performance: The work shall be executed from the contractor's offices, with regular contacts with Ronan Uhel, the EEA Project Manager at the EEA, see the address above in I.1. An inception meeting, as well as one progress meeting (1 day meeting) will take place at the EEA headquarters, Copenhagen.
NUTS code DK001.
1.9) Division into lots: No.
1.10) Will variants be accepted: No.
3) Duration of the contract or time-limit for completion: Period in months: 11 (from the award of the contract).
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
1) Conditions relating to the contract
1.1) Deposits and guarantees required (if applicable): Not applicable.
1.2) Main terms of financing and payment and/or reference to the relevant provisions: Not applicable.
1.3) Legal form to be taken by the grouping of suppliers, contractors or service providers to whom the contract is awarded (if applicable): Not applicable.
2) Conditions for participation
2.1) Information concerning the personal situation of the contractor, supplier or service provider and information and formalities necessary for the evaluation of the minimum economic, financial and technical capacity required
2.1.1) Legal position - means of proof required: Proof of the legal status may be furnished by the following documents:
- an identification sheet (name or business name, legal status, contact person, bank account, etc.).
- Where applicable, references of inscription in the VAT-register.
- Where applicable, references of inscription in the trade register.
2.1.2) Economic and financial capacity - means of proof required: Proof of economic and financial capacity may be furnished by one or more of the following documents:
- appropriate statements from banks or evidence of professional risk indemnity insurance;
- the presentation of balance sheets or extracts from balance sheets for at least the last two years for which accounts have been closed, where publication of the balance sheets is required under the company law of the country in which the economic operator is established.
2.1.3) Technical capacity - means of proof required: Evidence of the technical and professional capacity may be furnished by the following documents:
- the educational or professional qualifications of the service provider or contractor and/or those of the firm's managerial staff and, in particular, those of the person or persons responsible for providing the services (indicate knowledge of and experience with information sources as well as a company profile showing good and proven knowledge of carrying out integrated environment assessments);
- a description of the measures employed to ensure the quality of services;
- a list of the principal services provided in the last three years with the sums, dates and recipients, public or private;
- an indication of the proportion of the contract which the tenderer may intend to subcontract.
3) Conditions specific to services contracts
3.1) Is provision of the service reserved to a specific profession? No.
3.2) Will legal entities be required to state the names and professional qualifications of the personnel responsible for execution of the contract? Yes.
Section IV: Procedure
1) Type of procedure: Open.
2) Award criteria: The most economically advantageous tender in terms of:
1. proven experience in undertaking and publishing high quality work on integrated environmental assessments, including data compilation, processing and indicator development and analysis (max. 25 points).
2. Solid knowledge and understanding of international developments related to environmental matters in the context of sustainability, including trade and environment issues (max. 15 points).
3. Solid knowledge and understanding of environmental information activities undertaken at the European level in recent years in connection to European policies (max. 15 points).
4. Soundness of the methodological approach (max. 25 points).
5. Competence of working team, as appearing from CVs (max. 20 points).
Price: The bid offering the best value for money will be chosen, providing minimum 50 points are achieved from the award criteria. The best bid is the one which achieves the lowest number when dividing the price by the number of points awarded.
3) Administrative information
3.1) Reference number attributed to the file by the contracting authority: EEA/RNC/03/012.
3.3) Time-limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate (depending whether it is an open, restricted or negotiated procedure): 3.11.2003.
3.5) Language or languages in which tenders or requests to participate can be drawn up: Spanish, Danish, German, Greek, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Finnish, Swedish.
Other(s) - third country: Bulgarian; Czech; Estonian; Hungarian; Icelandic; Latvian; Lithuanian; Norwegian; Polish; Romanian; Slovak; Slovenian; Turkish.
3.6) Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain its tender (in case of an open procedure): 6 months from the deadline stated for receipt of tenders.
3.7) Conditions for opening tenders
3.7.1) Persons authorized to be present at the opening of tenders (where applicable): European Environment Agency's representatives and one representative of each tenderer. Please inform Ronan Uhel by separate mail if you wish to attend the opening.
3.7.2) Date, time and place: Date: 12.11.2003. Time: 10.00.
Place: European Environment Agency, Kongens Nytorv 6, DK-1050 Copenhagen K.
Section VI: Other information
1) Is this notice a non-mandatory one? No.
3) Does the contract relate to a project/programme financed by EU funds? No.
4) Additional information (if applicable): Financing and payment:
prices must be quoted in euro;
prices must be fixed amounts;
estimated travel and subsistence expenses must be indicated separately in the breakdown of costs.
The consultant is expected to offer their services showing a budget for their activities, and stating daily rates according to the expertise offered and level of experience.
The maximum budget foreseen for this task is 60 000 EUR (including all costs). Thus, the tender proposal shall cover a budget maximum of 60 000 EUR including travel.
Submission of a tender implies acceptance of the terms specified in the Agency's 'General terms and conditions applicable to contracts' in all matters not governed by this invitation to tender and waiver your company's own terms of business.
Grounds for exclusion:
The tenderer shall provide an auto-declaration, preferably made on oath before a judicial or administrative authority, a notary or a competent professional or trade body by a person competent to do so on behalf of the tenderer, which states that none of the grounds for exclusion (please see General Terms and Conditions applicable to contracts, Art 2 (2)) applies to the tenderer.
5) Date of dispatch of this notice: 11.9.2003.
Troubles in downloading the PDF-files?
If you're having troubles in downloading the PDF-files, please visit our trouble shooting page.
There are currently no items in this folder.
For references, please go to www.eea.europa.eu/soer or scan the QR code.
This briefing is part of the EEA's report The European Environment - State and Outlook 2015. The EEA is an official agency of the EU, tasked with providing information on Europe’s environment.
PDF generated on 23 Sep 2014, 08:32 AM