Personal data provided by the applicant are processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movements of such data.
Processing operations are under the responsibility of the Head of Human Resources Management group acting as Data Controller regarding the collection and processing of personal data.
Purpose(s) of the processing
To organise selection procedures in view of establishing a list of experts to assist the work of the Scientific Committee of the EEA; to manage administratively applications and the different stages of these selection procedures.
Recipients of the data processed
- Secretariat of the Scientific Committee;
- Human resources staff dealing with recruitment;
- Members of the Selection Committee appointed by the Executive Director;
- Appointing Authority (Executive Director);
- Members of the EEA Management Boards;
- Finance staff dealing with the reimbursement of travel expenses and allowances;
- Where necessary, any of the supervisory instances of EEA (i.e. European Court of Auditors, Internal Audit Service, and in case of controversy, the European Ombudsman, the Civil Service Tribunal, the European Anti-Fraud Office, and the European Data Protection Supervisor).
All recipients of the data are reminded of their obligation not to use the data received for any further purpose than the one for which they were transmitted.
Personal data concerned
The data of applicants provided during the selection and management process.
Obligatory or optional data
Applicants are free to give their data on a voluntary basis; failure to provide data may imply exclusion from the selection procedure. However, applicants failing to fill the fields noted as optional will not be disadvantaged neither discriminated with regards to the selection procedure.
Categories of data processed:
- Data to identify and contact the applicant: family name, name, date of birth, gender, nationality, private address, e-mail address, telephone number;
- Data relevant to demonstrate, in the framework of the selection procedure, that the applicant fulfils the profile advertised in the call for expression of interest (application form, CV in European format;
- Additional Data: any supporting documents verifying the candidate’s technical and professional competence, ID/Passport number and bank account details for reimbursement of expenses and payment of allowances.
Furthermore, applicants may wish to provide other information to support their application.
Safeguarding of data processed:
The data collected are stored in the Human Resource Management Group’s offices in locked cabinets.
Right of access and rectification
Applicants have a right to access their data and to update or correct their personal data at any time during the selection procedure. The right to rectify the information already provided can only apply to the factual data processed within the concerned selection procedure. The right to rectify can only be exercised up to the closing date for submission of applications. However, inaccurate identification data may be rectified at any time during and after the selection procedure.
Any request for access or rectification of personal data shall be addressed in writing at the following address email@example.com or to the EEA’s Human Resource Management Group at the following address European Environment Agency, Kongens Nytorv 6, 1050 Copenhagen, Denmark.
Regulation (EC) No 401/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009 on the European Environment Agency and the European Environment Information and Observation Network;
Legality of processing
Processing is necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest on the basis of article 5(a) of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000.
In the case of non-selected applicants the data retention period is two years as of the date the data subject became aware of the result of the selection procedure (i.e. from the date of publication in the EEA Web page that the procedure was closed, or the date of receipt of the notification to the applicant).
In the case of applicants included in the list, the data retention period is determined by the validity period of the list.
In the case of
applicants offered an appointment letter, the data retention period is three
years as of the date of termination of the appointment
After the above-mentioned periods, only data needed to provide overall statistics on the exercise (number of eligible and non-eligible applications, total number of applications, etc.) will be kept. These statistics are not subject to Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 since they are anonymous and cannot be used to identify one or more persons either directly or indirectly.
Right to appeal
Applicants are entitled to have recourse at any time to the European Data Protection Supervisor (http://www.edps.europa.eu; EDPS@edps.europa.eu) if they consider that their rights under Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 have been infringed as a result of the processing of their personal data by the EEA.
Applicants may also contact the EEA’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) in case of any difficulties or for any questions relating to the processing of their personal data at the following e-mail address: DataProtectionOfficer@eea.europa.eu.
For references, please go to http://www.eea.europa.eu/about-us/jobs/privacy-statement or scan the QR code.
PDF generated on 25 Apr 2017, 08:49 PM